Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Garden and cables

Hi Friends,
   Today is cold and dreary with rain, rain, rain!  Yuck!...I have errands that must be run!  Sigh...

On a more cheery note, how about a look at my mini, mini garden.


I am trying this upside down tomato planter this year.  There are 3 different tomato plants in here.  A roma tomato, a regular tomato and a cherry tomato.  We shall see if this works.  So far there are a few flowers--Yeah!
Another one of these hanging planters for 30 strawberry plants.  So far only a few puny little strawberries but they were tasty!


I found these tiny tiny tomatoes.  Micro mini's I think they were called.  Well, had to try them!
My tiny patch contains  2 sweet banana peppers, 1 green bell pepper, 2 basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, garlic chives and rosemary


OK, how about some craftiness.
As most of you know, I like to knit a bit in the evenings.  I am currently working on a skinny little scarf.  The pattern requires a cable stitch holder. 

This is the kind I have used for years.  Ok, but I would often have stitches slip off.

I recently bought this style to try.  I absolutely LOVE it!

Here it is in action.  Slip your stitches onto it and it hangs securely

knit the next 3 stitches from your left needle


Then, knit the stitches off the cable holder.  The shepherds hook style is so much easier to use.
I have a bit more to knit before I'm done but I hope to show you the completed scarf soon! 

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Creations killed my tomatoes. He tried the upside down thingies and I now have hanging dead tomato plants. Perhaps you can give him some advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your vege and herb garden. Hope the upside down tomato thing works well, if it does you will have a bountiful supply.Am intrigued to see your finished scarf.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I will take some of that weather down here in NC. Great garden growing. I have not tried the hangers. YOu will have to let us know if they are a deal or a dud.
    Oh, that knitting is foreign to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have a green thumb to grow such wonderful produce. Good luck with the upside down tomatoes. That's such an interesting concept. Enjoy the harvest!
    Aloha

    ReplyDelete