Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pincushions

Seems there has been alot of blogging about pincushions lately. Well, guess I'll jump on the bandwagon as well and show you mine. Some I made, some I bought and some I received as gifts. First, the ones I bought


This one I found at a craft show. Clever, it holds a spool of thread too.

This little felt cutie I found in a sewing shop in Japan.

Another craft show find. Quilting and chocolate--a perfect combo!

Next, the ones I made

And the gifts. The first one my mother found somewhere. Aww, reminds me of my California days on the beach!

Lastly, this gorgeous one made for me by Stephanie in my favorite color, RED!OK, that was fun. Now, how about yours?

8 comments:

  1. Love the flip flop pincushion. California Dreamin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little felt one is so sweet with the flowers on. I have a collection of pincushions too. They are useful when I am working at different places around the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been noticing all the talk and pictures about pin cushions lately. Will have to dig all mine out too one of these days. I have one very similar to the one you showed with the spool of thread.. it is VERY handy.
    And the ones you made are darling! Love the basket of flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well...I'm jealous of everybody...I don't have a cute collection of pin cushions..wah!
    You have some cute ones indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pincushions Rumi! The little flip flop is darling...and so different too.

    You know what I say, huh? You can NEVER have too many PINCUSHIONS!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, I'm in on the craze at the moment - just lovely to make as little gift or stocking-fillers - DD,Danielle grabbed one I have made and she is not into sewing - how about that? Yours are gorgeous!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pincushions! Especially the little thong. Aussies invented thongs you know - Americans call them flip flops. The undies (if you can call them that) came much later!

    Cheers! ☺ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your flip flop one and your other pin cushions are adorable too! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete