Saturday, March 14, 2009

Obsession


Yum, what's this? Chocolate ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all....
Wait a minute, something's not right!



Surprise! Bet you didn't see that one coming did ya!



"What is it?" you ask. Only my weird obsession with collecting all the little corners I cut off of triangles. I know, I know, doesn't make sense does it; but then again obsessions are like that sometimes. "How did this happen!" you ask. Well, cutting off those little dog ears was one of my most dreaded quilting tasks. I would avoid making anything with triangles so I wouldn't have to cut those little puppies off. Well, you can only avoid triangles so long before you have to break down and make some. To make it bearable, I started to make a game of it to see how many corners I cut off of my project. Well my friends, just like any addiction, it starts out innocent enough but before long it has you firmly in it's gnarly grasp! So here I am, a gallon bucket almost half full of tiny little corners. I wonder if there's a support group for quilter's like me.


9 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I love it. You need a large fish bowl or glass jar to display them in all their glory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking something similiar. You could display them in a glass bowl of some sort. It would be a conversation piece when people come over...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I was thinking you could put them in a clear vinyl zipper bag like you get sheets in, but the glass bowl is a good idea too. That would be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the attraction - they look so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They remind me of wedding confetti. Perhaps they could be used as a stuffing for a special project?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny! Georgia Bonesteel is a collector of dog ears too. You sure do have a pile of them. That is a lot of quilting.
    Have you seen the glass lamps that you put collections in? You could get one of those and just fill it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same thing and was going to buy a clear lamp and put them in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so appreciate your obsession...I've been having such a hard time throwing away even the tiniest of scraps lately! Love your polka dot quilt that I saw on Stephanie's blog, too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Rumi...ME TOO! They just look too cute don't they....when I cut mine off the colorful pile I have left looks too cute to throw out....I also keep those little 'teeny tiny' slivers you slice off to even up your fabric...long and skinny....I do put those in a glass jar and it looks all festive and colorful......

    ReplyDelete