Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Honey embroidery, Neck cozy

Hello Friends,
   Yea for me! Another UFO complete!
I purchased a wonderful embroidery pattern from Jenny of Elefantz called Honey. 
The pattern includes the embroidery patterns and instructions to make a large pincushion, a needlebook and a scissor fob.  I made one complete set to give to one dear friend and the needlebook and fob for another.


Closeup of the pincushion center.  I used a stem stitch for the flowers (DMC 4215) and leaves (DMC 4045).  Instead of French knots for the centers, I made candlewicking knots using 6 strands of (DMC 726) floss.  Do you know the candlewicking knot?  It may be called something else as well.  I like it because the knots are consistently very round and full.  My French knots are sometimes lopsided--of course, it could very well be just me.

I also made this neck wrap for a gift. 

The pattern called for super bulky weight yarn but I knitted it with 3 strands of worsted weight wool held together. (2 strands dark blue and one strand of light blue)  Toggle buttons keep it nice and snug around your neck when the fierce winter winds blow.  I found this pattern on Raverly.  If you are a member of Ravelry and would like to knit this neck wrap, it is called Pidge Podge.  You can also go HERE to get this pattern.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hugs, Rumi

3 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts. I'm still working on some here. The flower reminds me of a mop head hydrangea- so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice gifts. So delicate and pretty.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete