Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Swap reveal

Hello Friends,
    Remember the sneaky peeky post a little while back.  Well, let me show you pictures of that. Mare of Mare's Nest and I decided on an impromtu swap.  Here is the fabulous tote bag she sent me.
How great is this!  It's quite roomy and just perfect for keeping my knitting projects in.  Cute pink balls of yarn adorn the outside and...

Very cute "bubbles" for the lining.  I couldn't have been more pleased with my swap gift. Thanks so much Mare!

Now to show you my half of the swap...knitted cotton dishcloths.

Don't you think this looks like a brick wall?  It has alot of texture.  Now, it is obvious that I am a much better knitter than I am a crocheter.  Look at that wobbly job of edging the sides with single crochet.  In my defense, it is a rather "bumpy" pattern.

I loved the way this white one turned out.  Worked with 5 double pointed needles from the center out.

Center detail.

I also threw in a couple of Messy Karen's wavy wipers.  Sorry, I didn't take any pics of those but you know what they look like.  They are fabulous!  You won't regret buying a few from Karen's etsy site.

Finally, how about that tiny project with pink crochet thread?

A lace bookmark.  Needed good lighting and my glasses to knit this one!

That's it for today.  Next post is from my sewing room.  Talk at you later.  Rumi

5 comments:

  1. Cute bag. Great swap. Oh my goodness that is a very pretty and delicate bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of goodies in this post Rumi. Love the colours of the bag (and i am not a pink person) it just looks so bright and cheery and perfect for a knitting bag. Yes! I agree it does look like a brick wall and that round one is amazing. Well done you both got something great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...she will love the dish cloths....I certainly love my wipers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun swap. You got a great bag out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovelies you have had on your needles. The brick wall came out fab.- Thank you for sharing!

    Love that bubbles fabric too. What a lovely gift.

    Sorry I've been AFK for a week- so much to do at home.

    ReplyDelete